D.I.Y. Projects by AlliD.I.Y.

D.I.Y. Projects by AlliD.I.Y.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

BIRDCAGE OUTDOOR LANTERN

I was inspired by a trip to Restoration Hardware to create this whimsical outdoor lantern! This is a great way to add a little romance to your backyard or even Indoors as a unique lamp/chandelier.

I started by purchasing this white chandelier from Hobby Lobby! And of course I had the 40% OFF coupon! It's the only way to shop!

 
 
I took all the crystals off and hung it on a hook to spray paint. I chose an antique bronze spray paint but you can use any color! Turquoise, Chartreuse, Lime Green or Fuchsia would be fun for pool side lanterns! 

 
After letting it try, I began reapplying the crystals! It is easiest to start from the bottom and work your way up to the top.


Second Layer


 
Then the swags!


 
And done!


 
 
I also bought this birdcage at Hobby Lobby. Once all the Crystals are back on the chandelier it is time to put it in the cage. 


 
Hang it under a tree! Hang it under the canopy by the pool! Hang it on the porch!
No matter where you decide to put it, it is sure to be a conversation piece and bring some charm to your space!
 
 

 
Enjoy and go CREATE something BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment