D.I.Y. Projects by AlliD.I.Y.

D.I.Y. Projects by AlliD.I.Y.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

TURQUOISE OWL BOOKENDS!

This is a special project to me. I love my family the mostest. These golden owls were given to me by my cousin after her grandmother passed. I love, love, love owls and these were in a line up to go into a garage sale! Not on my watch! I don't really have anything blingy gold in my décor but thought surly I can fit these guys in my collection somehow! And I did!
 




 
 
 

 

I chose Turquoise because it makes me happy! I bought the Valspar spray paint at Lowes.
 
Since there is quite a bit of texture on the owls from the feathers, I thought it could be a neat texture effect to have some color variation. I used a medium grade sand paper to go lightly over the edges of the feathers to let a little gold shine through.
 


 
All finished and ready to be a special family keepsake as well as some stylish bookends!

 
Enjoy and go Create something BEAUTIFUL!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment